Friday 30 March 2007

Budapest I

March 14 - March 19 Lotte in Budapest

I was visiting Hungary to teach Lindy Hop. It was a great trip, with lots of nice dances and lovely people (3 American teachers plus me, 2 Finish students on exchange and everyone else Hungarian) in a beautiful city! Here are some stories.

In this first photo I am having lunch. Very tasty pancakes and a huge cup of ice tea :) I just remember the man who sold them to me. Well, I remember his hands really. His hands were small with big fingers that looked like they had done hard labour all their life, because they were not the frail pink colour of many unlaboured hands in the world. Those hands rolled up the tiny thin pancakes.

My American friends could not believe he did that without wearing plastic gloves -- which is custom in the States I believe. I did not care, because these hands rolled up my little pancake with so much care, they must taste good -- and they did!

See below my 'big-but-careful-hands-pancake-friend'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leuke foto!! MMmhh, lekker pannekoekje heb ik ook wel zin in.. Liefs