Thursday 26 April 2007

My first week of punting

Phew - it is easier to tell you which muscles are NOT hurting, because there are not so many of them. Ouch!

Everything hurts, from typing to laughing. Holding the pole and pushing it makes my hands and arms sore. I can also tell you for sure you are using your stomach muscles -- I feel them all when I laugh and just when I move around.

4 days of work in a row in my first week as Chauffeur. I am proud of my survival. I have had fun and learned a lot about how it all works. I have had people from many different countries in my boat and I am enjoying that. I also made friends with many of my colleagues and we have a fun time together. I did not fall in the water. Not yet...

I don't like the current, the wind, the muddy bits and the noisy ducks.

I love the people who are punting for the first time, I love the wind if it goes my way. It is great entertainment when poles get stuck in the mud and against bridges, especially if it is not mine, haha.

Most tours punted in a day: 4 (for me that means about 4 hours of punting - soon I will have to be able to do it in 45 min)
Highest tip: 5 pounds

Next day I work is Sunday -- first time to work in the weekend. It will probably be busier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goed gedaan hoor. Kan me voorstellen dat het pijn doet ja.
Jij wordt kei gespierd...