Wednesday 18 April 2007

Sage


Sage, or Salie in Dutch, is just great. I have decided to use it more. I like it for several reasons:

- It tastes great

- It is a good replacement for parsley; very helpful in my kitchen as Zot does not like parsley

- It is known for it's healing qualities; the Latin name for sage is salvia and that means “to heal”

A medieval saying is: Cur moriatur homo cui Salvia crescit in horto? meaning "Why should a man die whilst sage grows in his garden?"

When I get a garden again, I think I might grow some sage in there :)

Source: Wikipedia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leuk om te lezen!! Klinkt goed... Fijn dat je weer aan de blog bent. Kus

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, first thing that comes to mind: saltimbocca
check:
http://www.belpaese.nl/cgi-bin/recept.cgi?Zoeknummer=12

Lotte said...

Hmm, looks good.

I made a Pumpkin Risotto with Parmesan cheese and Sage to finish. Really nice too!

Anonymous said...

Mjammie sounds good.
Do you have a recipe for that?